Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lame Pet Peeves


I thought that it would be good to begin my blog by giving you my current surroundings. I am sitting in my foyer, working diligently without distractions. It is a peaceful environment; very conducive to writing blogs. However I have a slight uneasy feeling, almost as if I can sense a brutal fight starting. It is just a feeling. I will ignore it.

In this blog, I would like to address some of my pet peeves. Like how much I hate it when people over exaggerate. Also, acting childish can be fun. However, when that childish acts turn into immaturity is where I draw the line and become aggravated.

(Hold on, I’ll have to get back to this blog in a minute, there are two guys fighting to the death. I will come back to be blog later, but right now I will depict everything I see.

Both of these guys have knife. Both are swinging viciously. The walls and carpet are painted with fresh blood. These guys are relentless.

Sense comes to one of them and he says, “what are we fighting about?”

Guy #2 replies with, “I told you, I would kill you if you poked me again. I’m just keeping my word.” Apparently, they were poking each other, and one person pushed just too far.

“That was a dumb thing to say,” the first one says.

And it now appears as if the fight is over. We are chatting, and I think I might get back to my blog. Only they just asked me a question, “what are you working on?”

Being the good friend that I am, I tell them. “I’m writing about how much I despise it when people over exaggerate and act childish.”)

Where was I? Oh yes, I remember.

I can think of one example that incorporates both pet peeves:

Not five minutes ago, I witnessed two guys having some sort of poke fight. The first thing I thought was, “how cute, 20 year-old guys trying to poke each other.” The only definition I could place on their actions was, “man-flirting.” One of them lost their temper and shouted my least favorite phrase…

“Touch me again and I’ll kill you!”

He must have been bluffing.

The other guy bought his bluff, looked him in the eye with a childish grin, and poked him square in the chest.

WHY WOULD GAMBLE WITH YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT!!!!

Another pet peeve of mine is redundancy; like when people say the same thing multiple times. For example, they could give an example more than once. Or they give an example more than one time. Over exaggerating is a pet peeve of mine, and so is redundancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment